We are looking for a full-time Frontend Developer with interdisciplinary experience in data journalism and/or data visualization and an agile mindset to join our fast-growing team in Berlin. This position has the potential to make a life-changing impact on the issues that affect our lives the most today, starting with an environmental data project.
The task at hand:
- Develop microsites and interactive stories for a range of technologies and platforms.
- Design and test products that change the way we think of stories, including with virtual and augmented reality as well as multi-touch tablets.
- Collect and develop your own story ideas and turn them into reality with a team.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of renowned data scientists, graphic artists and editors to build data viz projects (small to medium scale) for our wide range of clients.
- Grow the agency’s national and international business in line with our future strategies.
Ideally you bring:
- A portfolio of experience in d3.js
- A fluent understanding of react.js as well as the ability to build a microsite without relying on hundreds of modules
- In-depth knowledge of creating concepts for and executing complex web applications.
- Know-how in further Data Viz libraries and technologies (turf, leaflet, webgl) a plus
- An open mind and enjoy working in a team toward a common solution.
- The ability to work independently and the desire to take ownership of your projects.
- Ideally keen interest in making an impact in the environmental sector and an eye on current events especially in political and economic matters.
Our business language is German, so a working level of fluency is required with strong English language skills a bonus.
If this opportunity excites you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The INFOGRAPHICS GROUP uses storytelling and data visualizations to develop award-winning infographics that enable knowledge. Our multidisciplinary team includes graphic artists, data journalists, developers and researchers that work together to build impactful solutions for our wide-range of clients. From our home in Berlin, we build customized content and standardized infographic toolsets for business, design engagement-driven products for museums, researchers, publishers and government institutions. The agency was founded by infographic evangelist Jan Schwochow in 2007 and has stayed close to its roots in journalism while exploring new techniques and technologies, including augmented and virtual reality.